Saturday, April 7, 2007

Saturday is a special day. . .

Today was so much fun! We cleaned house this morning and made games out of that. Then headed to the store for picnic food. Then I taught my couple of lessons. After which we did the last minute pick up and I did the "mom walk thru" - which meant I did a lot more cleaning then they did. I changed out the boys quilts with their new ones - they look SO NICE! And after the house looked great (which I love!), Geoff started the ice cream maker and Kylee and I started the brownies. We set out the food and cut up the subs and waited. My family is typically late but surprisingly enough - most everyone was here by 1:30PM. We ate and enjoyed each other's company. The big kids hid the eggs in the front yard for the little ones and then all devoured candy. We got the brownies and ice cream out and called it a day. Ben and his family stayed to swim while Chris and Heather's broods left. Mom and Dad stayed and visited a while. All in all it was a relaxing time and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We had a nice visit outside with nieghbors for a couple of hours (we love this area) and then came in. Kids had baths and then we talked about tomorrow - the meaning of Easter and why we celebrate it. Had family prayers and the kids are asleep. Geoff is watching tv and I'm trying to convince myself I don't need to go to Wal-mart. But alas, I do. The boys have no dark socks that fit anymore for church. And Jonathan's belt finally bit the dust.
Well, guess I'd better go now so I can get home before I crash. I'm so tired! Good night and Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

very fun! glad it all went well! Post some pictures tomorrow! of the easter outfits and the country club!