Thursday, April 5, 2007

it's morning . . .

After staying up until "way too late" and continually reminding Kylee to stay focused - I'm beat this morning. When the alarm went off at 6AM - I about cried out loud. I showered - luckily my hair was clean from last night - dressed and put on a little mascara (must look somewhat alive). Kylee was already up and dressed and working on her summaries by 6:15. I went to Albertsons and grabbed some donuts and milk (I'm not making a hot breakfast today!) and picked out a Lunchable for Kylee's field trip today. Sometimes I think they enjoy the field trips simply for the Lunchable. They just don't seem nutritious enough for me - so I never buy them except in these cases. Anyway, with my long hair the past 6 months, I haven't used or needed hair spray. I was out at home - so I needed get some but forgot by the time I got back to the van. UG! I decided to reward myself with a Sonic Diet Dr. Pepper (I have been very good with the soda lately and it's truly killing me) and thought I'd stop in at Walgreen's to get hairspray. After I pulled through the drive thru, which was extremely fast this morning, I drove by Walgreen's and would you believe they weren't open yet? Crazy! Even if it's not 24 hrs, I would assume any drug store would be open before 8AM. Oh well. Flat and unstyled hair today - but it's cute, colored and will be just fine for all the teaching I'm doing. When I got home, Geoff was showered and ready for work and the boys scarffed their donuts/milk down and Kylee was almost in tears on the couch STILL working on her summaries. She only had one left so Geoff offered to drive them to school instead of the bus - thus allowing her more time. When she left she was in better spirits and asked about a dozen times if her hair looked good. :) Geoff told her she looked very grown up and it made her look mature. She liked that and gave him a hug and then gathered her things to go to school. The kids kissed me goodbye and they all left. Now I'm home looking at my tile grout that still needs to be scrubbed (I've found that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, although I had to buy 12 of them, are cheaper than paying someone to come clean them and does a good job. Just time consuming.) I'll get right on that - after I enjoy my breakfast of a diet soda and bagel with fat free cream cheese. Maddi is still asleep from being up so late last night and Lady dog is sitting here with me watching the morning news. Laundry, toilets, tubs and carpets and tile grout. . . nothing on my list of things to do today! :(

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey Jenn- I hope you can work out this new job. You are extremely talented and this is a great opportunity for you. I want to see pictures of you with long hair- I've only seen it short.

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds fun ! take a picture of Kylee's hair so I can see it! sounds fabulous! don't you love housework! UGH!