Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Update on Reflections

After I blogged about this exhibit, all I could think about was my student who has been thinking about God lately. He and I have had some very deep conversations where I know the spirit has been there to testify. I text him and asked when he might be available to go somewhere with me, thinking sometime later this week. He text back almost immediately saying "Have a couple of errands to run but then I'm available - see you at noon." I was shocked and so excited!
He arrived and we drove to the temple. He was excited to go inside the visitors center. He had only been on the outside when attending the Easter Pageant. We went in and asked for directions to Reflections. As we entered it had the same spirit as the temple! He felt it and wanted to soak it in. He started by reading the entire Proclamation to the World. He then proceeded through the room, looking, pondering on the pictures. I don't want to give anything away, so I just encourage you to go! It's absolutely inspiring!!
We went into the documentary film and watched, where again we felt the spirit so strongly and he was touched about the humble photographer (our sweet Bro. Mabry) kept repeating that he was not the one who was on display but the Savior. He was just the messenger. After we finished watching, we re-entered the display and he immediately went to the picture of the crucifixion. He stood for what seemed like an eternity. He then moved to the portraits of Christ in Gethsemane. He so very moved and thus I was moved too. He said he connected with the one of him face down. "I have had my back turned to Him for so long. And although I do - He is always there for me." This touched me beyond words!
THANK YOU to ALL who put this together and PLEASE go see it!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, it sounds amazing! I wish I could see it. Good job on the missionary-ing.

Courtney said...

Wow - I love that comment your friend made about having his back turned to Him, but He is always there for us! So true! I am totally going to see these pics - AMAZING!