Thursday, June 3, 2010

Change . . .




About a month ago Geoff's job was on the line. We were unsure if he would have his job and had to wait for a week to know. They kept dragging it out and it was MISERABLE! As anyone would, we started looking elsewhere - just in case. I was on the phone with my best friend in Colorado and mentioned to her all our fears and she reassured me it all would work out. I trust this gal with my life and so I just kept praying and keeping the faith. 2 more days passed and she called me with news of her hubby's work looking at a new position. Geoff called him and discussed the details. Now we are just waiting . . . summer is slow for the company and so we are just waiting and hoping this comes true this fall. Although I have lived in Arizona my entire life (39 years) and it would be hard to leave - - we need a change. A change of seasons, change of scenery, change of employment, change full of new adventures.


I have family, students, friends, and memories here in Arizona. And I have to admit it scares me a bit but I'm ready for a CHANGE! I really feel that we NEED this!


The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it,
move with it, and join the dance. Alan Watts

When we mentioned it to the kids there were tears. Kylee cried because she doesn't want to leave her friends and she is "making history" by being the last class of 9th graders at Poston Jr High before Mesa Public Schools put all of them at the high schools. Maddi cried because Geoff mentioned to them that he would be doing a lot of traveling with this job but that it would be worth it because I would be home more and the pay is significantly higher. We assured her with cell phones and computers, she'd be fine. She LOVES to Skype and so she was ok. The boys didn't seem to care, as long as they could play baseball.
This may or may not happen, but we still pray for change.




Stay TOONed!!

5 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

I love this post. I moved almost every two and a half years of my life and although it was hard I grew a lot and we grew a lot as a family. We are in a similar place right now. Work is the most important thing for us especially with the new baby coming. We are praying hard and working hard to find a solution so that I can stay home with her but it is slow in coming. We could be here, CA or UT. I know that things will work out for the best for your family. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Lara Neves said...

Wow Jenn! I hope things work out the way your family needs them to!

I grew up living in the same house that my parents still live in. It's been hard for me to move around so much since I got married, but I feel like I have grown so much.

Laurie said...

Wow, I can't believe you'd leave Mesa! But it comes down to doing what you need to for your family. And change is good for you! I wish the job market was better in Utah- I would LOVE to have you guys live close to us again! Love you! You still planning on coming up here this summer?

Tiffini said...

what a FUN surprise getting a comment on my blog from YOU! :) You've crossed my mind a lot recently - just wondering how you are and what's happening in your life. Sounds like big changes coming up, huh? I can't believe you have a child in high school! I remember your children still being so young!Good luck with the job search!!!

It's going to be fun keeping in touch. (HUGS!)

Tiffini said...

BTW, do you still play at Campbell's? Do you know what's happened to Larry?