Friday, September 24, 2010

**YAWN**

I've never claimed to be an early to bed/early to rise kind of person. But I had set some goals and one of them was to be up every morning making a hot breakfast for my kids. Well, Geoff works nights once a month for 7 days straight. I don't sleep well when he's gone - I hear every sound, I worry about the kids and I just find it's easier to do things when he's gone. So, it is a productive time of the month - I work on the computer for my calling, I sweep and mop my kitchen (which I hate to do during the day because I use a steam mop and it makes it warm in the room), I organize cupboards, I dust (who does that?), etc etc etc. I will admit that most of the time I do spend most of the time on the computer. I surf for recipes, make documents for my calling or studio, games (I love word games) or chat with friends (if they are awake like me). And sometimes I call Geoff at work and we talk (thank goodness for unlimited night time minutes), if he's not too busy.
I tell you this because he's been on his nightshift for 2 nights and I'm already dragging during the day! It's starting to wear on me and I haven't been very productive during the day. And this heat isn't helping!! I am worn out before I even get the kids out the door to school. I haven't given up my goal of making sure they have a hot breakfast on school days but I can't guarantee I don't grab a cat nap after they leave.

Here's hoping for me to either get to bed earlier
OR
for this night shift to end soon so I can sleep!

No comments: