Thursday, September 9, 2010

Is it time for resolutions? ? ?

Well, for me it is!
The start of a new school year is the BEST time for me to start new goals. Schedules are back, the kids are gone during the day for me to accomplish some of them and I'm in a "new mode".

Below are my goals and I share them because I believe responsibility is key to keeping a goal. If I share them, I feel a sense of responsibility to you, as readers and friends, that I must keep them going so I don't disappoint you. (Remember my list of things about myself, where I shared how I don't like to disappoint people and want everyone as a friend.)

1 - GET UP with or before my kids!
In the past I have been so busy with shows and theatre that mornings were a blur for me. I wouldn't wake up at all, leaving my kids to get ready on their own or I would get up only to drive them, in hopes that they got everything done (including their own breakfast) by themselves. I'm 'airing' my dirty laundry here to prove that this is BIG for me.

2 - MAKE a HOT breakfast every school day!
I have usually bought cold cereal, bagels, bread for toast, poptarts, frozen waffles, etc. for my kids to 'make themselves'. Well, since I'm able to be home more now, I will send my kids prepared for the day with a full tummy!

3 - I WILL stay away from theatre!
Don't fret - I will still perform . . . someday. But for now, I must keep my distance, as hard as it is. And truthfully, it's not hard right now. I have NO desire to be there, to leave my family, to sacrifice my TIME anymore.

4 - I WILL limit my teaching hours!
I MUST not teach past 6:15PM every evening and I will keep my Fridays OPEN for whatever I choose. I also inform ALL new students that flexibility is a MUST! I am a MOM FIRST and I will tend to that first. If they are not ok with that - go find another teacher. So far, all have agreed and there have been no complaints.

5 - I WILL drink one glass of water for every glass of Dr. Pepper!
I tease that my Dr. Pepper is my "mormon coffee" but it's gotten out of hand. It's almost like I'm an alcoholic and MUST have it every day. Scrounging for change in order to suffice my craving and need. I will wean myself off of so much!

6 - I WILL keep up on all housework and laundry!
Again, with theatre, it was not always easy! But I am going to do one load of laundry every evening. Making sure it makes it to the dryer before I head to bed and it will be folded and the kids will put it away before they leave for school in the morning. I will give myself the weekends off. :) Dishes will be done after every meal - no matter how tired I am! And I will do one additional chore every day - such as vacuuming, bathrooms, sweep and mop. If I keep up on it at least once a week, the house doesn't get that messy and I should be able to stay on top of it all.

7 - I WILL keep up on my "spiritual needs"!
This includes, but is not limited to, family prayers, scriptures, personal prayers and my calling.

This is it for now. I may add more but I think my "plate is full". I am thrilled to set them and keep to them. Knowing that I will be rewarded with more than just the temporal needs for all of these things.
I LOVE MY LIFE!!

No comments: