Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last night of silence . . .

It's only 10pm and my house is quiet. It's the last night of "school bedtimes". And because I'm not at the theatre and Geoff is gone to work (he's on night shifts this week) - MOM SET THE LAW and THE LAW WON! Everyone had dinner, showered, and was in bed (since there was no real homework) ON TIME!! (insert song ditty - Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles)
I will miss this time. The time when I can enjoy the golden silence of just my mind and sometimes the t.v. MY alone time when Geoff is working nights and the kids are in bed at a decent time. MY time to goof around on FB. MY time to do what I WANT! Tonight I started my summer chore charts (well, I updated them from last year), I played on FB, I emailed a bunch of peeps, looked at Beatles music for summer camp (details about that another day), and text silly messages back and forth with the hubby at work. We discussed how we are going to spend the LAST day of the school year when ALL the kids are gone. He will have just come off a nightshift, so we'll have to play it by ear and see how tired he is, but we listed lunch, cuddling on the couch with a movie we've been wanting to see, looking at houses in another state (details to be explained later too), and planning out our summer fun. I'm just excited to have a day with JUST HIM to myself for one more day until the fall! I love my Geoff!
ALSO - - -
Tonight was a BIG night for my Jon-boy! Jonathan turned 12 last Friday and he got to go to mutual for the first time tonight. He and I went on an "errand" (that's what we call soda runs) and I asked him if he was nervous. His reply was a very timid "kinda". But he left with a friend and had fun! Tonight they split up into troops for Scout Camp. He leaves for his first Scout Camp on Monday at 6AM!
Lots going on this weekend . . . .
"Stay TOONed!"

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! he's 12. CRAZY! has it really been that long?

hope you got to successfully maximize the last day.