Sunday, June 10, 2007

The TONY'S tonight!!

The TONY'S
Time to get your theatre friends together with pen and paper in hand, snacks to grab and a soda to drink! Everyone would cozy into an apartment living room and cram onto the couch or lay out on the floor and get ready to hoot and holller! You knew the shows, you knew the actors, you knew there would be great performances and lots of great fun!

Well. . . . I was not real thrilled with the Tony's tonight. It seems that they get more and more boring every year and not a lot of great things happened. I was a bit disappointed they didn't even give Freddy Ebb the 'exit' he so deserved!

I'm not sure about this new show, SPRING AWAKENING, although it won so many awards. Doesn't even interest me. Blech!

I do desire to see GREY GARDENS and CURTAINS (I so love Debra Monk!). My kids enjoyed the song from MARY POPPINS (of course) and LEGALLY BLONDE has always been one I thought would be fun to see. The revivals look good - loved Audra McDonald in her performance of Raunchy from 110 IN THE SHADE!!!

All in all, an ok show - but Ladies and Gents? Let's bump it up a notch next year!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Glad to see you back online. I missed your posts!