Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Goverment workers!

I'm so irate right now!

Since we have moved in the mailman has put my garbage can IN THE MIDDLE OF MY DRIVEWAY about 6 times!! Usually I am not home or teaching when he comes and don't have time to move the can from where it sits in front of the mailboxes. Well, today I had just finished teaching and went into the kitchen to fix myself some lunch and hear this loud noise out front. I walk to my front window and see the mailtruck sitting out front, the garbage can in my driveway - again!, and the mailman putting mail in the boxes. I stand at the door, apprehensive that I might lose control if I walk out there. I open the door, proceed out to get the can and say, "I JUST got home." He turns and looks at me and says, "What?" I then repeat, "I JUST got home! There is nothing I can do if I'm not home and I can't put it on the other curb because then the garbage man can't make the turn. So just deal with it!" He turns back to the mailboxes and ignores me!

IGNORES ME!! I guess I should be grateful he didn't yell back and we didn't get in an argument. And he was the better person who turned the other cheek. I walked in the door just fuming and probably way too oversensitive about it but it makes me angry that he can't just set the can aside, do his job and move on. He has to go out of his way to move into MY way, assuming I will "learn my lesson" or something. I don't think it's that hard for him to move it 2 feet rather than I move it 50 or more to a neighbors. Frustrating as it is - at least now he knows I'm upset over it. I have come home numerous times and found the can in my way so I couldn't drive in my garage. Apparently the gal who lived here previously was home all the time and pulled the can in immediately after it was emptied. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO THAT EACH WEEK!! I'm a WORKING MOM!

*BIG SIGH!!* I feel much better now. Thanks for listening!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I think the mail man needs to do a little growing up and like you said what kind of point does he think he is making??!!

Kim Skinner said...

Of course we remember you! I've seen your blog on Lara's and I saw you in Cinderella at the QCPAC a year or two ago. Of course, you were the best part of that play.

Hope all is going well for you guys. You don't still live at ASU East do you?

Kim Skinner said...

This is funny! I guess we are online at the same time. What bloggers we are!

Yep, Queen Creek. And yes, stake yW president. SCARY! watch out youth.

I'm glad you guys are in a house now (isn't it nice?!) even though my kids keep asking when we can move back...apparently they just LOVED it.

I guess I would have realized that you moved if I would have scrolled down further in your blog.

You are a faithful blogger! I have something to look up to!

Lara Neves said...

I'd be annoyed at him too. You'll have to see if your little blow up changes anything. You can always hope. :)

Courtney said...

ARGH! I totally would be upset if I were you too! Whatever! Maybe next week he won't be so dramatic with his irritation at the can being in his way!

Laurie said...

Seems like it's more work for him to drag the trash can to your driveway than to just scoot it over a little. What a weirdo! Good job confronting him though, I don't think I'd have the guts to do that. (And who gets their trash cans right back inside anyway?!)

Kristen said...

How annoying!! He obviously hates his job :)